Educators who missed Wednesday’s free training on Zoom and INFOhio shouldn’t worry; they have options. Educators can still join in for Friday’s session, attend the new Zoom as a Teacher-Host webinar series next week, or watch the recordings.
Zoom video collaboration software enables teachers and students to engage in high-quality, live, online learning opportunities. Zoom requires no special technology, and can be used on any platform (e.g., Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Chromebooks). Remote students without a computer or smart device can still participate via audio using a telephone.
Friday’s session will also provide training on how to leverage all of INFOhio’s high-quality content, entirely free of charge. INFOhio content is equitable for students with or without Internet, easy to use remotely, and covers almost all Ohio standards, benchmarks, and indicators articulated in the state standards and model curriculum.
Join a Webinar
Friday, March 20 at 1:00 pm: Getting Started & Using Zoom https://success.zoom.us/j/700556430
Due to Wednesday’s overwhelming participant attendance tipping the scale at 1000, the capacity for Friday’s session has been increased to 5000 participants. You do not need to have attended previous sessions to attend this one.
This webinar provides more background on recording and using the mobile Zoom app, introduces more instructional and management techniques, and provides background on how to get support. Participants will have the opportunity to learn more about INFOhio, including:
- Teach and Learn with Digital Resources (grade level and subject area with instructional strategies)
- Teach and Learn with Educator Tools (lessons plans and resources aligned to Ohio Standards, Benchmarks, Indicators)
NEW! Zoom as a Teacher-Host Webinar Series
Participants will get click-by-click lessons about different Zoom features from a teacher-host perspective with Michele Carlisle, Director of the Confucius Institute and avid Zoom teacher practitioner at the East Central Ohio Educational Service Center. Check back soon – links to join the trainings are on their way!
- Monday, March 23 from 9-9:30am: Using Zoom to Instruct – https://zoom.us/j/636549717
- Tuesday, March 24 from 1-1:30pm: Using Zoom to Share Content – https://zoom.us/j/6653377109 <- Note the new link!
- Thursday, March 26 from 9-9:30am: Using Zoom’s Breakout Rooms and Polling Features – https://zoom.us/j/6653377109 <- Note the new link! (It’s the same as Tuesday.)
NEW! “Be the Helper – Support Ohio’s Remote Learning with Quality Content from INFOhio” Webinar Series
- Wednesday, March 25- 12pm-1pm: IWonder & Genius Hour (Grades 4-10)
- Friday, March 27 – 12pm-1pm: Points of View Reference Center (Grades 7-12)
- Wednesday, April 1 – 12pm-1pm: World Book Kids, World Book Student, and World Book Advanced (Grades PreK-12)
- Friday, April 3 – 12pm-1pm: ISearch: Find Texts for all Grades and all Subjects (Grades PreK-12)
Watch the Recordings
Find previous webinar sessions, additional remote resources, Zoom video how-to’s, and more information about INFOhio’s free digital content and resources, on the Management Council’s Community site supporting remote learning.
There is no fee or registration necessary to attend the webinars. Each webinar, transcript, and chat will be posted to the above Management Council Community after the event.
For additional information regarding the training, please contact the Management Council or your local ITC.